Sunday, August 21, 2011

Rick Perry is an evil Christian

I am really trying to wrap my head around the mainstream media's fascination with Gov. Rick Perry. I truly wish that they would have had the same fascination with Sen. Barack Obama instead of their complete adoration. Rick Perry this week, in an exchange with a young boy, said that "Evolution is a theory out there...". He has been hammered about it. The young boys mother kept yelling "ask him if he believes in science" over and over.

Maybe I missed something. Isn't it the "theory of evolution"? I mean, it is a THEORY OUT THERE. However it isn't the "law of evolution". It is any number of theories that are out there trying to explain why we are here and how we got here. I've heard a few. Most of them are backed up by science. Not science like global warming science. I mean real science. Arianna Huffington has skewered Perry on what she thinks are missteps. She blasts him for calling social security nothing more than a Ponzi scheme. Well, isn't that really what it is? What is the definition of a Ponzi scheme?

A Ponzi scheme is an investment fraud that involves the payment of purported returns to existing investors from funds contributed by new investors. Ponzi scheme organizers often solicit new investors by promising to invest funds in opportunities claimed to generate high returns with little or no risk. In many Ponzi schemes, the fraudsters focus on attracting new money to make promised payments to earlier-stage investors and to use for personal expenses, instead of engaging in any legitimate investment activity.

Yep, Social Security sure sounds like a Ponzi scheme. Younger folks pay monies into an account to pay out to older folks. When we get to be older folks, there won't be any payments. In fact, Social Security already pays out more than it takes in. Uh, isn't that a Ponzi scheme. Wait, maybe I can stop putting my money in and put it towards my own retirement. Nope.

Maybe Arianna Huffingnton and the rest of the MSM should stick to adoring the president. I mean, they are really good at that.

Will you stand?

No comments:

Post a Comment